Intranasal Delivery Benefits
Systemic intranasal drug delivery is expanding as a preferred route of administration because it avoids the issue of drug degradation in the gastrointestinal tract, provides a faster onset of action, is a painless alternative to injections, obviates the need for biohazardous disposal of needle sharps and can be self or caregiver administered.
Nose-To-Brain delivery is emerging as a non-invasive means of bypassing the Blood Brain Barrier to administer therapeutics for the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimers, Parkinsons, Huntington, Traumatic Brain Injury and Glioblastoma. Mysticâ€™s platform approach provides the option to optimize its Nose-To-Brain dispensers for neuroprotective and neurodegenerative therapeutics in liquid or powder forms.
Nasal delivery applications include therapeutics for neuroprotection, neuroregeneration, pain management, migraine crisis, hormone replacement, seizures, emesis, anxiety & depression, hypoglycemia & diabetes, growth deficiency, proteins & peptides, vaccines, immunomodulators and biomedical countermeasures. Our delivery system solutions offer a number of patient benefits and advantages to pharmaceutical manufacturers.
Benefits For Pharmaceutical Manufacturers:
- Sterile products by aseptic process or terminal sterilization
- Mono-dose, bi-dose or multi-dose with a variety of dispenser device configurations (disposable, reloadable)
- Packaging design provides unmatched production flexbility and cost efficient storage/ transport options for Work In Process (“WIP”) or finished product
- Calibrated, consistent and precise dose delivery with user independent actuation
- Dispenser device actuation force can be calibrated to the needs of the patient population
- Tamper resistant packaging
- Superior barrier properties for shelf stability
- Liquid, powder and reconstituted powder configuration options
- Rapid Fill, Fit, Finish production capacity
- Highly scalable aseptic fill fit finish capacities
Benefits For Patients:
- Abuse resistant design
- Side actuation dispense design to facilitate patient ease of use
- Designed for self or caregiver based administration
- No device priming required
- Actuation force can be calibrated
- Compact and easy to carry